OUR SHARED STORIES is a new digital project inviting youth from across Ontario to create short videos, focussed specifically on women and youth immigration and newcomer stories.
The Ontario Heritage Fairs Association (OHFA) is seeking bold young visionaries to create a 3 to 4-minute video on their mobile devices, inspired by one of the following ideas:
- Immigration stories from your family or community
- Stories of newcomers or refugees and their impact on the community
- Artistic works from your community, including dance, music performance, visual art, photography, or theatrical performance
- Making links to the land or spaces where people meet (could be a natural green space, or farm, or building of significance such as a town hall or community centre)
This project will feature different regional communities across the province. Because it focuses on immigrant women and youth, culture and the arts, it allows diverse voices to be heard and known, preserved in the first languages of participants, and transcribed for accessibility.
The final videos will be posted on the OHHFA “oursharedstories.ca” website and will be screened at the OHFA 2018 Provincial Heritage Fair at York University in June, 2018!
Visit https://oursharedstories.ca/ for:
- project guidelines,
- awesome resources for creating and editing your video from actual filmmakers, and
- the video submission portal!
SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOME FROM MAY 11 – JUNE 5!